We are excited to partner with a startup that is building out the infrastructure for the next generation bioreactors and operating systems that will industrialize cultivated meats.
The technology platform is a combination of hardware (industrial scale) and software with advanced sensors and model-based controls that allow for intelligence decision making and the ability to efficiently operate a large facility with a small team.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 2+ years of large steel pressure vessel experience.
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment. The position entails working with a multidisciplinary team as part of a new product development cycle, which includes developing concepts and taking them from initial design and prototyping through commercialization. You will:
- Design novel bioreactor production systems (e.g., vessel design, agitation systems, sparger) for large scale production of cultivated meat (cell growth, tissue formation) using SolidWorks, in collaboration with fellow engineers.
- Generate P&ID, PFD, and GA output based on internally-developed designs
- Participate in the translation of user and functional requirements to design specification, concepts and directions
- Create / maintain piping arrangement drawings (Top assembly and Piping module) using P&ID and customer specifications consisting of however not limited to; 3D models, detail drawings, & bill of materials
- Conduct model design reviews with both internal resources as well as externally with customers and project managers
- Optimize bioreactor design by applying experimental techniques
- Collaborate with a diverse group of experts in the space, including process scientists, automation engineers, and end users