We have partnered with an early stage startup primed to make a big impact to help farmers and ranchers be more profitable and more sustainable. They are building a financial management platform for agriculture, starting with tools that help farmers and ranchers automatically discover and apply for farm assistance (e.g. disaster relief, conservation programs, and climate incentives). In just a few months, they have helped their users successfully apply for millions of dollars in farm assistance.
Backed by top seed investors they are looking for values-aligned individuals to join their fully remote founding team.
As one of the first engineers, you’ll help drive technical decisions and influence product direction for years to come, with the goal of making agriculture more sustainable and profitable.
You’ll report directly to the Co-Founder and Head of Engineering. This is an ideal role for a high velocity engineer, interested in climate change and open to risk taking and big upside! Some of the projects you'll work on will include:
- Ship new product work daily that is used by farmers and ranchers across the country, implementing end-to-end features in our Typescript / Next.js application.
- Embed yourself deeply in understanding farmers and ranchers, building a strong intuition about customer needs.
- Break down projects into granular pieces and practice good project management for your projects, triaging and prioritizing new issues that come in.
- Help manage our server infrastructure, databases, and CI/CD tooling.
- Contribute to and improve data analysis pipeline, including export, transformation, and dashboarding.
- Build out new dashboards and support existing ops tooling in Retool.
- Improve the quality of our documentation, integration and unit testing, and shared components library.
- Ensure strong user data hygiene, operational security, and privacy practices.
- Advanced engineering and coding skills. Fluency with data structures and algorithms. Adept with asynchronous programming.
- Experience shipping web applications.
- Excited to build software that makes natural resource industries like agriculture more sustainable and profitable.
- Comfortable taking on ambiguous problems and creating elegant technical solutions
- Experience in agriculture
- Experience building financial products
- Experience with Typescript, React, Next.js, and/or Google Cloud
- Next.js / React application written in Typescript
- Hosted on Google Cloud
- Firestore & Google Cloud Storage for data storage
- BigQuery & Data Studio for data insights