We are excited to partner with a software firm building the leading enterprise carbon footprint platform. They provide customers with unprecedented visibility and insights into the impact their organization has on the environment. Leveraging the latest breakthroughs in data science and software, this technology empowers teams and leaders to mobilize their organizations to continuously improve their greenhouse gas emissions metrics.
Climate Solutions Consultants are the climate subject matter experts with specific expertise working with corporations and/or financial institutions on their carbon and climate measurement and management.
In this role you will work alongside our Customer Success and product teams while directly interfacing with our customers. You’ll excel at identifying and understanding customer specific needs, scoping solutions to connect customer business priorities with technical solutions, supporting the customer deployment journey, and closely partnering for future solution expansion with customers. Further, you’ll constantly be identifying trends in the market and providing guidance to our product and engineering teams to incorporate in the product roadmap.
This role is directly and/or jointly responsible for the development and success of:
- Value creation & solution-based problem solving with customers
- Maintaining key customer & market relationships
- Expertise and knowledge sharing in the frameworks of GHGP and/or PCAF
- Customer deployments & success programs
- Feedback to our product & engineering teams
- Interfacing with third party auditors and assurance providers on an as-needs basis
- Supporting industry partnerships & alliances
- Specializing in a specific function as defined below in the Role Specializations section
Sustainability consulting, or in-house sustainability management experience, is required.
- 4+ years of sustainability solutions experience in a customer facing consulting or sustainability leadership role; education considered in addition to experience.
- Four-year degree from an accredited institution, MSc a plus.
- Certifications from standard setters like WRI, ISO, GHGP, SBTi, TCFD, VRF, etc.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to present and explain technical information to various customer stakeholders – To include Greenhouse Gas Protocol, carbon accounting, Sustainability disclosure and software as a service.
- Ability to work across multi-functional teams with competing priorities while still delivering key objectives within given time constraints.
- GHGP and/or PCAF, and SBTi expertise.
- Prior experience creating GHG inventories and working knowledge of creating specific GHG disclosures.
- Prior experience with audit and assurance engagements.
- Excellent communication, relationship management, and decision-making skills.