Our client is operationalizing the largest Earth-exploration mission in human history. They’re doing that by developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the entirety of Earth's ocean floor. The oceans are a critical component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on this planet.
You’re a design-savvy frontend developer who’s comfortable working in a React environment. You understand aesthetics, visual and interaction design and you’re able to implement pixel-perfect mockups. You have a good sense of how a feature should look and feel and are able to make decisions about the look and feel in the absence of the designer.
- Building and maintaining a UI components library in React with a focus on modularity, flexibility, and extensibility and that is packaged up to be consumed by developers.
- Establishing and maintaining asset libraries for frontend development use.
- Acting as the bridge between brand, design, and technical implementation, translating mockups from Figma into interactive, pixel-perfect frontend components. (We use Tailwinds CSS as a base and customize on top of it).
- Ensuring cross-browser compatibility.
- Working closely with back-end developers to balance feasibility with design.
- Ensuring a seamless user experience.
- At least 4 years of experience.
- Experience with Figma.
- Proficiency with React/Redux development in Typescript.
- Experience with Tailwind CSS and Tailwind UI as well as standalone React UI component libraries.
- Proven ability to deliver responsive design mock-ups & implementations. Skill in cross browser compatibility.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Proficient understanding of accessibility and usability best practices.
- Attention to detail when it comes to look, feel and code organization.
- A philosophy and practice for unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Familiarity with feature flag-based development.
- Experience (or at least keen interest) in geospatial visualization design and implementation, especially with Mapbox/deck.gl.