We are exclusively recruiting for an international AgTech startup pioneering the use of data-driven insights and innovative digital technologies. They are building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. They believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Carbon Integrations team, you will be working in close collaboration with world class data scientists and agronomic experts to create sophisticated systems and infrastructure to bring more farming data into our system, making it easier and more scalable to generate carbon credits.
Your expertise in software development on both the front- and back-end will help us create a world class experience for our customers, and contribute to the fight against climate change.
- Lead projects to success in order to make an impact, focused on data sourcing and integration, both in the backend and in the UI
- Collaborate with engineers and other technical resources to ensure the quality & reliability of the platform
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of Carbon Data Infrastructure, with an eye towards long-term sustainability
- Drive planning long term technical roadmaps
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- 5+ years experience building and deploying high-quality production services
- 1+ years in a technical leadership capacity (providing technical direction to other engineers)
- Professional experience with at least one of Python or Typescript/React
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Proficient in both Front End and Back End development in general, with deep expertise in at least one
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- Strong communication skills. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
Nice to haves:
- Professional experience with any of the following technologies
- React & Typescript
- Geospatial Data/GIS systems
- Data Ingestions/ETL services
- Experience with or a keen interest in Agronomic/Farming data