We are proud to partner with the first and only company in the freight industry to earn a B Corp certification. They are driven to provide a net-zero shipping option that reduces the freight industry’s carbon footprint.
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to drive the Machine Learning Data Product roadmap of the Infrastructure team. You will build critical products and infrastructure to democratize access to data and empower the core optimization team composed primarily of Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers. This person will collaborate closely with the Optimization team and act as a value multiplier by facilitating production-grade data pipelines, base-feature sets, as well as operating feature stores.
- Build a unified feature store to enable rapid and reliable development by data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Write complex SQL queries and tune them for efficiency to quickly transform data into timely and actionable insights
- Design and implement production-grade data pipelines utilizing big data and distributed streaming technologies like Apache Kafka
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong communication and collaboration skills working cross functionally
- Deep understanding of data pipelines and data science workflows
- You’ve built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
- Experience building machine learning systems in production such as enabling data analytics at scale
- Exposure to machine learning workflows - you've developed and deployed your own models - even if these are simple proof of concepts
- Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems