Our monthly newsletter helps you stay informed on all industry advancements, job postings, announcements, and more!
Edition 3: August 2021
Thanks for tuning back into Climate People's monthly newsletter, Driven By Impact! We're assuming you saw the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report released earlier this month? It was chock-full of inauspicious stats about our inherent reality here on Earth if we don’t cut emissions.
The IPCC blatantly stated that humans are causing climate change, the first line of the report read: “It is unequivocal that human influence has warmed the atmosphere, ocean, and land."
The time is now, we must act urgently to mitigate these irreversible harms before it’s too late. Want to join Climate People in being part of the solution? Read on.
What's new at Climate People? ClimateTech is our only initiative. Our sole mission is to combat climate change one job placement at a time. Learn how we're doing this below.
- 11 days. 4 companies. 6 interviews. 1 dream job landed. Read Ben's story here.
- LGBTQ+ inclusivity: Meet The Venture Out Project.
- Equitable Solar Distribution: Meet The Honnold Foundation.
The ClimateTech community is constantly rolling out fresh and engaging resources to help decarbonize the global economy. View our recommended resources below.
- Looking for a climate job? A specialized recruiter can help.
- We attended Terra.do's software job fair and gained a lot of value. You could too, keep an eye out for upcoming fairs.
- What is ClimateTech? We shared our insights in a fireside chat with Soapbox.
At Climate People, we acknowledge the problem and the possibility. We're optimistic in this battle and believe that our customers and clients can and will make an impact.
- Two Google engineers quit their jobs to work on climate. This "Make Peas Not Beef" podcast tells their story.
- What does a net-zero future look like? Climate People is sponsoring the second season of The Net Zero Life.
Interested in making your job a climate job? Here's how + the Q&A we didn't have time to answer live.
If you want to grow your ClimateTech company, we encourage you to take a step back and look at the big picture. Rather than starting with a role and job description, you should incorporate hiring into your organization's long-term strategy.