Edition 4: September 2021
Thanks for tuning into Climate People's monthly newsletter, Driven By Impact!
Did you attend any NYC Climate Week events last week? We did and were inspired by the immense amount of opportunity, talent, and ingenious innovation that is present in this space.
We joined the "Calling for an Equitable Climate Solution" panel and greatly resonated with two of the takeaways:
- Climate optimism is key!
- Climate solutions are rooted in turning the tables and focusing on the climate opportunity.
Our network is capitalizing on that opportunity and creating a brighter/more optimistic future via state-of-the-art climate technologies. Join Climate People in being part of this solution!
Climate People Updates
What's new at Climate People? ClimateTech is our only initiative. Our sole mission is to combat climate change one job placement at a time. Learn how we're doing this below.
- Climate People's Journey: Read our founder's story!- Help us help you. Leave us a review: Job Seekers.Hiring Managers.
We're a Proud Member of 1% For The Planet.
One Percent for the Planet is an international organization that allows members to collaborate with environmental nonprofits. We donate 1% of every placement fee to an environmental nonprofit of the candidate's choosing. We've selected nonprofits that exemplify our diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Introducing The Nonprofits!
- LGBTQ+ inclusivity: Meet The Venture Out Project.
- Equitable solar distribution: Meet The Honnold Foundation.
- Uprooting racism & seeding sovereignty: Meet Soul Fire Farm
- Protect the sacredness of Earth: Meet The Indigenous Environmental Network
The ClimateTech community is constantly rolling out fresh and engaging resources to help decarbonize the global economy. View our recommended resources below.
- Looking for a climate job? A specialized recruiter can help.
- How can we achieve net-zero emissions? Check out this Climate People-sponsored podcast!
- Missed Climate Week? Canary Media provides a recap.
Dose of Optimism
At Climate People, we acknowledge the problem and the possibility. We're optimistic in this battle and believe that our customers and clients can and will make an impact.
- Meet The Garbage Queen. A sustainability scientist and climate communicator.
- $16 billion has been poured into ClimateTech this year. The details.
- Celebrating 10 years of Women in Clean Tech & Sustainability. Join in!
- Want to join an uplifting community of like-minded environmentalists? My Climate Journey welcomes you.