We are excited to partner with a software firm building the leading enterprise carbon footprint platform. They provide customers with unprecedented visibility and insights into the impact their organization has on the environment. Leveraging the latest breakthroughs in data science and software, this technology empowers teams and leaders to mobilize their organizations to continuously improve their greenhouse gas emissions metrics.
The role entails developing a robust and reusable code framework in order to deliver a variety of new features across the entire product line according to our preferred architecture design and best practices.
The data-engineering stack will be a combination of GOLang and Python based frameworks and AWS SaaS Database/Storage/Analytic solutions. All development work will be managed via JIRA process sprints and Bitbucket Git-flow branch management.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing requirements and designing new solutions for application and database components along with development and implementation experience
- Five or more years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- At least three years of SQL\NoSQL database experience. AWS Aurora familiarity would be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud computing (ideally AWS) , PaaS design principles and micro services and containers.
- Experience collaborating via sprint planning, daily stand-ups, ticket management, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Proficiency with Git / BitBucket, Git-flow branch management, Jira, and Docker all pluses
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience interacting with databases using standard GOLang and/or Python database libraries
- Experience working with Python OCR libraries (Tesseract or textract)
- Experience with REST API development using Python (Flask) or GOLang (Echo)
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring and high availability architectures
- Experience with Machine Learning implementation using Python