ClimateTech Jobs 101
New Year - New Job!
The new year is right around the corner. Companies will be finalizing their hiring budgets for the year, employees will be coming back from holiday vacation, and departments will likely have a backlog of work that has been put on pause. All of this to say — it's a great time to land a new job!
As we all know, climate change is a pressing issue that is continuously worsening. According to Nasa, without major action to reduce emissions, global temperature is on track to rise by 2.5 °C to 4.5 °C (4.5 °F to 8 °F) by 2100, according to the latest estimates.
That being said, it is NOT too late. This is where mitigation, adaptation, and sequestration efforts come into play.
- Greenhouse Gas Mitigation: reducing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere
- Climate Adaptation: learning to live with, and adapt to, the climate change that is already occurring
- Carbon Sequestration: actively removing and/or storing carbon that is in the air
ClimateTech innovators are creating startling advancements that are addressing this temperature rise head-on. According to London & Partners’ market report, ever since the Paris Agreement came into effect, ClimateTech investments have surged around the world, growing nearly five times from $6.6 billion in 2016 to over $32 billion in 2021.
As these companies continue to get funding, their headcount will also grow on a similar upward trajectory. The worsening effects of climate change, ClimateTech innovation, and the need for ClimateTech jobs are all directly correlated.
So what are some examples of ClimateTech jobs? Here are a few that we're hiring for right now:
- Software Engineer at a company whose software makes it easy to produce and market verifiably sustainable products on budget, for both established brands and startups.
- Senior Data Engineer at a global market leader in analytics for resilience planning and enterprise climate risk management, especially in financial services, industrial, the public sector, and NGOs.
- Senior Backend Engineer at a company that uses climate risk data to help investors, companies, and communities to understand and transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Director, Carbon and Climate Solutions at a startup that is creating an all-in-one platform that allows organizations to measure, analyze, and reduce their Enterprise Carbon Footprint
- Principal Software Engineer at an AgTech startup that is pioneering the use of data-driven insights and innovative digital technologies. They're building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change.
These are just five of the hundreds of jobs we have posted and the millions out there. With this much funding, innovation, and passion in the ClimateTech space, there's a never-ended need for constant innovation and growth.
Whether you're actively looking for a new role, considering a career transition, or just want to learn more about ClimateTech jobs – there are countless resources for you. We recommend following these five steps to land your next climate tech job.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need assistance on your career transition journey — we're always willing to help.