Edition 6: November 2021
Giving Tuesday is the Tuesday following Thanksgiving in the United States and serves as a global generosity movement unleashing the power of radical generosity. Following in the footsteps of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday creates a platform for people to give back to nonprofits in the spirit of the holidays.
At Climate People, we donate 1% of every candidate placement fee to an environmental nonprofit. We have chosen four stellar environmental nonprofits that work to give back to marginalized communities.
1) Soul Fire Farm
2) Venture Out Project
3) The Honnold Foundation
4) Indigenous Environmental Network
In honor of #GivingTuesday, we encourage you to join us in donating to these nonprofits who are doing so much for the livelihood of our planet and those who inhabit it.
Climate People Updates
What's new at Climate People? ClimateTech is our only initiative. Our sole mission is to combat climate change one job placement at a time. Learn how we're doing this below.
- Welcome to the Team, Wes! Our Business Operations Manager.
- Learn About Us. Our DNA!-
Why Work on Climate? Hear why this Data Engineer made the switch.
The ClimateTech community is constantly rolling out fresh and engaging resources to help decarbonize the global economy. View our recommended resources below.
- 5 Steps To Land Your Next ClimateTech Role: Watch this short video.
- Types of ClimateTech roles: Climate jobs 101.
- Top Skills For Software Engineers in ClimateTech: Get hired.
- The Role ClimateTech Jobs Play in the Climate Crisis: There's a job for you.
- ClimateTech Interview Best Practices: Knock your interview out of the park.
- Looking for a recruiter role? Recruit for the planet job fair 12/9.
Dose of Optimism
At Climate People, we acknowledge the problem and the possibility. We're optimistic in this battle and believe that our customers and clients can and will make an impact.
- ClimateTech is Lucrative: $30.8B of ClimateTech VC funding has been raised YTD in 2021.
- $555B in Climate Investment: It's time to Build Back Better.
- Good News Directly to Your Inbox: Happy Eco News!